Friday, November 13, 2009

A little more

I have been struggling with a lot lately. Don't get me wrong. I am happy where I am. I am finally going forward in my life.

I am 24, happily married, doing well in my first semester in law school. BUT I still feel like I am missing out on so much.

Yesterday I visited with a freind who had a baby last January. I was due last January. I asked her about her daughters birthday party, etc and she then asked me some really though questions. I never have been asked how I am doing, really doing. And well, I am not good. She asked if I think about the baby, and all I could say was yes, every day...all day.

She said that it must be hard to go and be there and hold her baby, but I told the truth. It wasn't that bad. That her baby is not my baby. It is hers. And I told her that it is good for me to move forward in life. But I ocassionally look back. She asked me if I kept all my pictures (sonograms), and I told her the truth, yes, I still have them all. They are in a box in the closet of the room that was supposed to be decorated as a nursery right now. I still have the album on my facebook as well, I just can not bring myself to delete the pictures. If I could just hit delete and have the hurt go away I would. But it is still here.

Even when I am watching a movie.."UP" for instance....I was with a few people and their children watching the movie. The first scenes show the life of the couple....growing old together. And they loose a baby. It was as if I was the elephant in the room. They all looked at me, and didn't know what to say, think or do.

So yes, I am reminded every day. When I get on the scale and see that I am loosing so much weight, I think...wow...I would be sooo much heavier if I was 8 months pregnant. My life would be so much different right now. And I honestly can say that I would be so much happier. December would bring happiness, not sadness. I honestly can say that on the 21st, I will be a wreck...a complete and total wreck. I was so proud of myself last year in January...but I think it is because I never got to see/hear/meet the baby. I did however see/feel/hear my last baby...and I am still heartbroken.

I have new goals, and I am looking forward to them. But like I said...it's hard to not look back and wish that things were different, that things turned out differently.

4 comments:

  1. Losing a baby is tough. I lost two. It is something you will never forget, but the pain will ease with time. I love a quote by Nathaniel Hawthorne it says, "Happiness is like a butterfly, the more you chase it, the more it eludes you. But, if you turn your attention to other things for just a moment, it will come sit quietly on your shoulder."

    Hang in there, and thank for coming by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl... I think about you often. So many people don't realize what a precious gift a little baby really is. When you finally do get that little baby you've been trying for, you are gonna be an amazing mommy, and he or she is gonna be soooo loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhh, I can't imagine how you are feeling missy!
    I am praying for you - and am here if you need to chat.
    *Hugs* to you...

    ReplyDelete

Awwww!! You like me..YOU realllly LIKE me!